The signing ceremony was held by MIC in the morning, July 28, 2020 at the workshop on safety, security and postal address code Vpostcode.
6 operators participated the ceremony, including: Vietnam Post, Viettel Post, EMS Vietnam, Saving Delivery JSC, NETCO and Song Binh Trading and Services Co., Ltd.
Deputy Minister of MIC Mr. Pham Anh Tuan and delegates witnessed the signing ceremony
Accordingly, these operators are committed to implementing the following contents:
- Strictly comply with the provisions of the Law on goods items not sent, accepted, transported through the postal network.
- Commit to training, disseminating to all employees and labors on the provisions of the Law on goods items not sent, accepted, transported through the postal network.
- Provide adequate, accurate information about the list of goods items not sent, accepted, transported via the postal network to the users of the postal services.
- Enhance the inspection measures on parcels and packages before acceptance.
- Refuse, not accept, transport, deliver smuggled items, prohibited items on postal network; and/or not collude with those who take advantage of postal services to do business, use of smuggling and prohibited goods.
-Suspend transporting, delivering postal items illegally sent and promptly notify the competent authorities to fine in accordance with the provisions of the law.
- Coordinate and facilitate the regulators to perform tasks in order to ensure national security and social safety.
Earlier, on May 8, 2020, Minister of & MIC issued a Directive No. 28/CT-BTTTT on strengthening the postal safety and security serving the party congress the ministerial and other levels and improving the effectiveness of prevention, transport and delivery of smuggled and prohibited items on postal network.
The Directive requires postal service providers to implement solutions to improve network capacity, manpower, sorting facilities, transportation vehicles, cargo security, allocation of human resources to ensure timely clearing of postal items, prevent stuck items in sorting center, loss of postal items, arising complaints of customers during peak period.
Postal service providers must coordinate closely and facilitate the regulators to perform tasks to ensure the national security and social safety.