Ordinary mail service is considered as the delivery service to postal address via the public postal network.
Limits of Weight and size
a. letters, postcards, printed papers and small packets may weight up to 2 kilo-grammes;
b. items for the blind may weight up to 7 kilogrammes
c. special bags containing newspapers, periodicals, books and similar
printed documentation for the same addressee at the same address
called “M bags” may weight up to 30 kilogrammes.
a. Limit the size of postcard:
- Maxima: 165 mm x 245 mm, with a tolerance of 2 mm
- Minima: 90 mm x 140 mm, with a tolerance of 2 mm.
- The length shall be at least equal to the width multiplied by √2 (approximate value 1.4)
b. Limit the size of small packages:
- Minima: 210 x 148 mm.
- Maxima: length, width and depth combined: 900 mm, but the greatest dimension may not exceed 600 mm, with a tolerance of 2 mm; in roll form:length plus twice the diameter: 1,040 mm, but the greatest dimension may not exceed 900 mm, with a tolerance of 2 mm.
c. The limits of size of items other than postcards and small parkages are given below:
- Maxima: length, width and depth combined: 900 mm, but the greatest
dimension may not exceed 600 mm, with a tolerance of 2 mm; in roll form: length plus twice the diameter: 1,040 mm, but the greatest dimension may not exceed 900 mm, with a tolerance of 2 mm;
- Minima: to have a surface measuring not less than 90 x 140 mm, with a tolerance of 2 mm; in roll form: length plus twice the diameter: 170 mm: but the greatest dimension may not be less than 100 mm.
Postage Rate Table
a. Pickup at the address: the sender requires to provide the service of pick-up at the address provided by the sender and pays fees for this or with accordance with singed contract.
b. Withdrawal from the post service
This is the service in which the delivery of mails were stopped by the post office to go back to the sender. The sender can withdraw the ordinary letter post item at the origin post office
c. Correct recipient’s name and address service
The postal items may be sent to recipient / address other than the recipient / address shown on the postal items. This service applies only to Ordinary mails are sill at the origin post office.
d. Paid on delivery:
The recipient/sender sign the contract with the post office to guarantee to pay all the postage for items sent to the recipient.
e. Postal restante:
Letter Post items are kept at the postal service points and a notification may be sent to the recipient to receive directly.
f. Private box:
Mailboxes are rented from the post office at the postal service points to receive letter postal items. Each box is individually numbered and only available to a customer.
g. Return services: The ordinary items up to 500 gram can be returned.
1. Inquiry time
a. Six (06) months since the ending date of transit time of item for loss, delay against the published transit time; in case the transit time is not published, the period wil be calculated from acceptance time.
b. One (01) month since date item was delivered to the recipient for damage, postage and related inquiries
2. Inquiry solving period
Two (02) months from admitted inquiry date is applied to domestic services.
3. Treatment of principles
- In case of loss, damage or change the whole content: compensation for damage shall be determined according to the limitation of liability to pay damages for the entire customer service was used.
- In case of partly loss, damage or change, compensation shall be based on the actual damage but not higher than the limit of liability for all damages applies to services that customers have used, unless post office and customer have other agreements.
- Limit of liability for compensation issued by Vietnam Post according to the level of compensation granted by the relevant authorities.
- Compensations are paid in Vietnam dong, the payment is done once unless post office and customer have other agreements.
- Compensation is paid to the sender, unless otherwise agreed; In case of partly loss, damage that the recipient agrees to accept the rest then the compensation will be paid to recipients
- The compensation for direct damage is done on the basis of supply contracts and the use of postal services.
No compensation for indirect damage outside contract or beneficiaries are not obtained due to the postal service does not reach the quality as the two sides agreed.
4. The amount of compensation
In case of loss, damage or change the whole content: the compensation amount will be equivalent to 4 times of the postage when posted (include VAT) while the sender provide the necessary document proving the value of the item (Invoice, receipt...).