Consigment service is a delivery service for items and goods in big quantity and large size to domestics addresses. Postal items shall be encoded for track and trace during delivery process.
Weight, size, classification of items
- Maxima weight: 200 kg/item.
- Maxima size: The longest size shall not exceed 3m and/or the cubic measure shall not be over 1m3.
Classification of items
1. Cumbersome item
a. Goods of which the length plus greatest perimeter (not measured through the measured length) is over 3m or/and the greatest length is longer than 1.5m.
b. Goods with special structure that cannot be placed with other items or special notice should be given during transport and operating process.
2. Heavy item
Goods of which a single weigth exceeds 30kg.
3. Fragile item
Goods made from fragile materials and special handle is requested, includes the following basic types:
a. Glazed terracotta, porcelain, ceramics.
b. Glass, mirror, crystal.
c. Electronic items and components.
d. Telecom-IT devices.
4. Light item
Merchandise of which the cubic measure is over 6.000 cm3/kg.
5. Infectious item
Goods contain virus, bacterium, parasite, fungus… agents that is possible to transmit diseases to human and animals.
6. Ordinary goods
Other than the above items.
Postage Rate Table
1. Pick-up at the address: The post office shall pick-up the item at customer’s address as requested or with accordance with singed contract.
2. Packing service: The post office shall provide wraping and packs the item under customer’s request.
3. Cash on delivery (COD): When delivering item, the post office shall collect money from recipent then pay it to sender in cash or by transfering.
4. Insured service/Value declared service (V): The post office shall indemnify customer for the item’s value declared at the time of acceptance in case of loss or damage due to the mistakes of the post office.
5. Withdrawal from the post service: The post office shall stop the delivery of item then return it to sender. This service can only be applied for ordinary mails which still remain at acceptance post office; registered mails, parcels and consigment items of which the transit time is not over and the item is not siezed or destroyed under the regulation of the Laws.
6. Correct recipient’s name and address service: Item shall be sent to recipient and/or address other than the recipient/address shown on item. This service can only be applied for ordinary mail which still remains at acceptance post office; registered mail, parcel and consigment service of which the transit time is not over and the item is not siezed or destroyed under the regulation of the Laws.
7. Express delivery (Express): Item shall be delivered or a notification shall be issued by Vietnam Post right at the time item reaches postal serving point. Express service is only applied for items with oversea recipient’s address.
8. Paid on delivery (C): The post office shall deliver item and collect from recipient the service charges arissing under the contract signed with recipient/sender.
9. Delivery to addressee in person (PTT): The post office shall deliver item to correct recipient. This service cannot be applied when recipients are leaders at Communist Party authorities, local and centre governments.
10. Advice of delivery (AR): The post office shall collect signature from recipient on an advice of delivery ticket or a customer recipt sample to return to sender.
11. SMS/Email advice of delivery (AR SMS/AR Email): The post office shall send SMS/Email to phone number/email address given by sender when sending item to inform the delivery result.
12. Co-checking delivery (PDK): The post office shall check and count the quantity of items or check in detail the content of items during acceptance and delivery; collect seal of confirmation from recipients who are companies, organizations on a Goods received note or a customer’s Delivery & Reciept sample then return to sender.
13. Delivery upon recipient’s request: The post office shall change location, method, time to deliver item as requested by recipient. The service is only applied for items with domestic addresses.
14. Notification: The post office shall keep mails, parcels at its postal serving points and issue a notification to recipients. Then recipient will come to these points to directly receive item.
15. Private box: Mailboxes are rented from the post office at the postal service points to receive letter postal items. Each box is individually numbered and only available to one customer.
16. Return service: The post office shall return registered mails, parcels, consignment items which are impossible to be delivered as sender’s request shown on bill of shipment; and ordinary mail up to 500gram can be returned.
1. Inquiry time
a. Six (06) months since the ending date of transit time of item for loss, delay against the published transit time; in case the transit time is not published, the period will be calculated from acceptance time.
b. One (01) month since date item was delivered to the recipient for harm, damage, postage and related inquiries.
2. Inquiry solving period
a. Two (02) months in maxima from admitted inquiry date is applied to domestic services.
b. Three (03) months in maxima from admitted inquiry date is applied to international services.
3. Principles of treatment
- In case of loss, damage or change the whole content: compensation for damage shall be determined according to the limitation of liability to pay damages for the entire customer service was used.
- In case of partly loss, damage or change, compensation shall be based on the actual damage but not higher than the limit of liability for all damages applies to services that customers have used, unless post office and customer have other agreements.
- Limit of liability for compensation issued by Vietnam Post according to the level of compensation granted by the relevant authorities.
- Compensations are paid in Vietnam dong, the payment is done once unless post office and customer have other agreements.
- Compensation is paid to the sender, unless otherwise agreed; In case of partly loss, damage that the recipient agrees to accept the rest then the compensation will be paid to recipients.
- The compensation for direct damage is done on the basis of supply contracts and the use of postal services. Compensation for indirect damage outside contract shall not be paid or beneficiaries are not obtained due to the postal service does not reach the quality as the two sides agreed.
4. The amount of compensation
- In case of loss, damage or change the whole content: the compensation amount will be equivalent to four (04) times of the paid postage (VAT included).
- In case of partly loss, damage or change, the maxima rate of compensation shall be calculated as follows:
The amount of compensation = (% rate of quantity of lost, or damaged item) x (compensation rate of fully loss or damage).
Note: The % rate of quantity of lost, or damaged item shall be defined on the basis of the minutes confirmed by sender.
- In case of item returned due to the post office’s mistake: The postage of return service shall be dispensed and the compensation amount will be equivalent to the paid service charge (VAT included).